2018-2019 School Year Off to a GREAT Start
The 2018-2019 school year for Albemarle School is shaping up to be one of the best! Here are a few reasons why:
1 Our high school students are now equipped with Chromebooks. We are so excited to have this technology available!
2 New lights were installed in the parking lot for a brighter, safer environment.
3 The gym is looking fantastic thanks to new bleachers and a new paint job!
4 The cafeteria has a new air conditioning system.
5 We were able to add a Soccer team to our athletic program.
6 The Candyman fundraiser was a great success! Thank you so much to anyone and everyone that had a hand in it. Stay tuned for item pickup and "Main Event" details.
7 The fall athletic teams have done very well this year. Our athletes received the following honors:
- Cross Country
- The girls team won the conference tournament and Katie Hansen received first place.
- The boys team won the conference tournament and Logan Dunn received first place.
- Katie Hansen received Top Female Runner of the Year!
- Logan Dunn and Alana Shown received All Conference honors
- Josh Hooper, Raymond Hooper and Logan Dunn made the All Conference Team.
- Patsy Cooper received Coach of the Year!
- Brooke Perry received TIC Player of the Year!
- Samantha Nixon received All Conference honors.
- Taylor Stallings made the All Tournament Team.
8 Our middle school students are enjoying the new STEM class this year. Ms. Owen is planning numerous exciting science, technology and math activities for them!